10 Nov B4RN update: Village Hall Drop In Sessions
Following on from our previous news item about the B4RN Broadband network currently being installed across the Parish, the project is progressing well, with Barrasford Village Hall and the school now live with 1Gb broadband and the network build extending out into Barrasford and beyond.
For residents who would like to learn more about the service, whether ir not you have already signed up, there will be 3 informal drop-in sessions over the next few weeks. These will be for anyone interested in learning more about B4RN and will be an opportunity to ask any questions you might have about the project. You can pop along for as long (or as short) as you want. Click on the village name to see a flyer about the event.
The dates are:
Other major news:
- B4RN continue to progress on Route 1 towards Chipchase and Birtley. They will also be starting route 2 towards Chollerton in the next couple of days.
- The school in Barrasford is now live with a B4RN connection.
- The Ray Wind Farm grant has been submitted and agreed.
- A BDUK (Building Digital UK) representative is visiting with key B4RN personnel and others in Barrasford next week to show the progress of the project so far.
- BDUK have requested the PRPs for Kirkwhelpington & Woodburn be submitted by B4RN. B4RN are currently working on this and are aiming to submit next week.
- Meetings are being arranged to talk to landowners regarding the remaining wayleaves required within the Kirkwhelpington and Woodburn areas.