02 Feb Guidelines for those interested in a Karbon Home Property
- Anyone interested in a Karbon property in Northumberland, will need to have an active Northumberland Homefinder application.
- If someone is interested and doesn’t have an active application, you can apply online at https://www.
northumberlandhomefinder.org. uk/ or can request a paper application from Northumberland County Council on 0345 600 6400.
- When Karbon receive notification that a property will be coming available, an advert will be placed on the Northumberland Homefinder website, and anyone who is interested and eligible for the property type can bid. Properties can be advertised during the notice period, so may not be empty at the time of advert/bidding.
- Bidding can be done on the website between 12.01 am on a Thursday and 11.59pm the following Monday. As long as a bid in placed within these times, the system will allocate you the correct position on the list. The position of the list is worked out in priority band order, rather than first come first served.
- For those who are unable to log onto the Homefinder system each week, an autobid can be set up. This is where the system will place people on shortlists for property types and in areas they are interested in. if people want to use this feature, it needs to be set in advance of the advert going live.
- Once the bidding has closed, Karbon will use the shortlist provided by Northumberland Homefinder to allocate the property.
- For the properties in the Barrasford area, preference will be given to those on the shortlist who have a local connection to the Parish who meet the eligibility for the size of the property, who are in housing need (Bands P to 2R).